Going through a spiritual awakening can be quite the frightening experience. You may feel like your whole world has been flipped upside down, complete 360 double back flip with a twist. You may even feel like you are going insane.
Keep in mind that you are going to be okay, don’t freak out!
There are many others who live in the exact same world as you that are going through the exact same thing.
So just take a deep breath, relax, and stay positive. The unpleasant symptoms are only temporary. You will be back to your normal self in no time! Well…maybe not your normal self…even better than that, your true self.
You may need to take time away from the world when you are going through the awakening process. It can be hard to function like usual and alone time may be just the remedy you need to get back up to speed.
Here are 11 signs that you might be going through a spiritual awakening
Note: not everyone goes through every single one of these symptoms. However, generally you will go through these 11 signs as you begin to awaken into your true self.
- Synchronicity – You start to experience synchronicity – seeing repeating numbers such as 1111, 222, 333 on the norm. This could be anywhere – on your phone, receipts, clocks, etc.
- Change in Sleep Patterns – You experience waking up in the middle of the night on a regular basis. This could be at odd times such as 3:33am or 4:44am. You may also need more, or less sleep than usual to feel like your usual self.
- Hypersensitivity – You become unable to tolerate things like loud noises and strong smells. Emotionally, you may be a bit unstable. You are likely going to be on a emotional roller coaster. If you are an empath then you will feel the emotions of those around you more intensely.
- Change in Perception – Your perception of the world has changed dramatically and you begin seeing the world without a filter. Both the good and bad aspects of the world will become clearer as you gain more and more clarity.
- Change in Diet – The food you were eating prior to all of this just doesn’t do it for you anymore. The jack-in-the box you loved so much in the past starts to repulse you. You get stomach aches when you eat too much fatty/processed foods. You start craving healthier foods. Drugs give you a headache, like tobacco or caffeine.
- Feeling Good, Feeling Great! – You feel good for a reason you can’t exactly pinpoint. You feel an almost euphoric sensation throughout your entire being. You feel more peaceful and zen than you ever have before.
- Dark Night of the Soul – During the very beginning of your spiritual awakening process you may experience an extreme low. This will likely be just about the worst you have ever felt in your life. Everything that you thought couldn’t go wrong…goes wrong. However, keep in mind that this is only temporary.
- Intolerance – You become intolerant towards superficiality and shallow conversations. People who are overly materialistic start to be a major turn off.
- Searching For a Purpose – Your curiosity and thirst for knowledge has heightened. You feel like you were meant to do something important with your life. You have a strong sense of urgency to find your true purpose in life.
- Freedom Has Arrived! – You feel like your shackles have finally been torn off and you are free. Your whole body will feel a whole lot lighter.
- Seeking Meaning In Your Life – Suddenly, coming home from work and watching TV for 5 hours doesn’t seem so interesting any more. You crave deep conversations and need some real substance in your life.
Again, the negative symptoms are only temporary and everything is going to be okay. Eventually you will feel pure bliss as you become comfortable with yourself and start to accept what is happening to you.
Have you gone through the awakening process?
Feel free to leave a comment below and share your experience 🙂